WHO IS LYNDA RODRIGUEZ?
Dominican. Creator of modern workshops about Etiquette, Protocol, and Leadership taught in the United States, Spain and Latin America. Founder of "Taller de Lynda Rodríguez Internacional: Etiquette, Protocol and Personal Development".
Ever since she was little, she was fascinated to discover new cultures and travel to different countries. A lover of international protocol and cultural awareness, she studied Protocol and Social Education because she was passionate about the subject, but not to make a living from it.
For as long as she can remember, she has been attracted to hospitality, tourism and communication. Her family owns a chain of television channels and radio stations in the northern region of the Dominican Republic, which led her to venture into media at an early age to learn about the industry and to complement her training and to acquire professional skills.
Lynda studied Advertising and Communication. When she returned home, after studying abroad in the United States, Europe and Asia, she wanted to pass on to her younger sister, Paloma and her friends (15 years old at the time), her international personal learnings and experiences. Therefore, they could adapt culturally to different environments and countries, and stand out positively when it comes to entering the competitive global market.
This is how "El Taller" started. On the recommendation of the parents of students from first workshop, she decided to teach a second workshop. To her surprise, due to the good references from the parents and students of that first group, 55 new students enrolled. What started, at the beginning, as a hobby, became a personal company very quickly.
To date, more than 5,000 students have attended her classes and she has taught workshops internationally from the United States, Guatemala, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Spain and Mexico. Today, the workshops are targeted for women, men, children and companies.
In addition, she does charitable community work and workshops, including homes of orphaned children and foundations.
DATA OF INTEREST:
- Creator of "Raising Leaders for the Future", a national community program developed in public schools and communities accross the Dominican Republic. (2011 - to date)
- Winner of the National Youth Award administered by Ministry of Youth and Office of the President of the Dominican Republic (2018)
- Recognized as an "Internationally Renowned Young Entrepreneur of the Dominican Republic" by the Community of Madrid and Dominican Consulate in Spain at the International Forum of Young Dominican Entrepreneurs in Madrid. (2015)
- Columnist at Listín Diario, the leading national newspaper in the Dominican Republic, and author of hundreds of articles published in international mass media. (2008 - Present)
- Recognized by the French goldsmith and tableware firm Christofle for "Outstanding Talent and Knowledge of Etiquette", in New York. (2014)
- Invited to be part of the 7 personalities of the Christofle Star Table Series, in New York. (2014/2015)
- Keynote speaker for a special workshop, organized by Christofle, for girls for ALDA Women, in New York. (2014)
- Invited by the Government of Japan and the Ministry of Youth of the Dominican Republic to represent the Dominican Republic at the "International Youth Development Exchange Program" congress in Tokyo and Tottori, Japan. (2004)